I LOVE school projects!
A teacher just showed me these awesome student projects for her class. Very cool.
Thanks, Mrs. Billings. You and your kids rock!
Sounds all philosophical and stuff, doesn’t it?
If you’re in the Dover, Delaware area on October 21, swing by the Kent Public Library for an open discussion of Fakie and whatever else you’d like to talk about.
Finishing up the school year right by talking about Fakie with the sixth graders at SAAS in Delaware. Great kids. Great Teachers. Moderate selfie focusing skills.
April 18, I (and 20 other writers) will be at Authors and Audiences at the Kent County Library in Dover, Delaware. There are authors for pretty much any reading taste and age. It goes from 1:00-3:00ish. So come out if you are in the area.
I know what you’re thinking: I haven’t posted lately. That’s because I’m writing. * But every once in a while, I think, “Oh, Yeah. I have a web page.”
So the basic scoop is:
- Edu article– is live. “Prepare a Game Plan”–coaching high schoolers to read more difficult texts. It’s available here, but you’ll have to join ILA. If you’re a teacher, it’s definitely worth it. Great resources for reading and writing at all levels.
- Edu book–proposal submitted. Working on step two of three. Academic writing has several review steps.
- New YA Book 1–in revision mode. Hopefully completed by early summer.
- New YA Book 2–in writing mode. Current word count: 11,500. Much more to go. Plan to finish first draft by April.
- Special Projects 1&2–in planning stages. Working around multiple schedules to make these come together.
So, you see? I’m not slacking. If you want more current status updates, connect on instagram, twitter, etc.
*and teaching, grading, training for an endurance race, being a dad and stuff
Ultimate YA, a very cool website and magazine, chose me as their October featured author. Click through to find out my spirit animal, my favorite stitches story, and more. Also you can subscribe for free email update with articles and interviews with your favorite authors here.
This came in the mail today. Fakie is available again in bookstores, online, and ebook everywhere by Friday!
It’s rainy. My head needs a break from writing. I thought it was time for a new site design. I tried to streamline it and make it view-able on all devices. If it’s not, I’ll modify it as we go.
In other news, I found a Lego toy that looks like me. It’s about time!